2019 Conference Programme
The Role of Gas in Accelerating Asia’s Energy TransformationSpeakers:H.E. Dr Arcandra TaharVice Minister of Energy and Natural Resources IndonesiaH.E. Yeo Bee YinMinister of Energy Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change, MalaysiaH.E. Alfonso CusiSecretary of Energy Philippines
Global Gas Outlook and Future Scenarios – Asia in FocusSpeakers:Mazin Al LamkiChief Operating Officer Mubadala PetroleumFatih BirolExecutive Director International Energy Agency (IEA)Ezhar Yazid JaaferCEO PETRONAS LNG
Leadership Plenary Programme
Strategy Towards 2040 by Asian Major Buyers
Big buyers (mainly traditional buyers) in Asia are challenged by new dynamics in international markets and domestic markets. Panellists will discuss their strategies and tactics towards 2040 as LNG buyers.Panellists:Hiroki SatoSenior Operating Officer, Business Development JERASarah BehbenhaniSenior Vice President JERA Global Markets Pte. LtdDr Zheng HongtaoPresident, Energy Trading & Marketing, ENN GroupLee Chang KeunVice President LNG Procurement, Korea Gas CorporationJane LiaoCEO, Natural Gas Business Division CPCModerator :Yasuo RyokiChairman Osaka Gas Australia
LNG Strategy in a Global Context
This session will present a case study of an LNG export project, and showcase its commercial advantages, technical innovations and LNG strategies.
LNG Limited Representative
Venture Global LNG
Suppliers Perspective: Delivering Value for Customers and Meeting New Demand Growth in Asia
• How are the mature markets developing and what are most important for the buyers?
• Examine new demand growth centres: Pakistan, Thailand, India
• Strategies for suppliers to unlock new markets while managing risks
• New LNG export projects: how will they evolve? More long-term contracts expected?
• Global geopolitics, trade tensions and impact on energy securityPanellists:Greg VeseyCEO & Managing Director LNG LimitedAndrew WalkerVP Energy Cheniere EnergyRajnish GoswaniGM – LNG Marketing Anadarko Petroleum CorporationMatt SchatzmanPresident & CEO NextDecade CorporationSpecial addresses:Joseph UddoDeputy Assistant Secretary Office of Market Development and Energy Innovation, Office of International Affairs, U.S. Department of Energy
Indonesia: Investing in Gas and Energy Transformation
• Java 1: Asia’s first integrated project and applications for Southeast Asia
• The role of gas in enhancing energy security, affordability and accessibility
• Natural gas infrastructure integration developments
• Regulatory framework and Pertamina-PGN merger updates
• Gas/LNG demand growth outlook
• FSRUs and small-scale LNGsPanellists:Djoko SiswantoDirector General Oil & Gas Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources, IndonesiaTanudji DarmasaktiSenior Vice President-LNG and Gas Management PT PertaminaRoberto LoratoCEO MedcoEnergiGigih PrakosoPresident Director PGNChairani RachmatullahHead of Oil & Gas PLNGary SelbiePresident Premier Oil Indonesia MOLSpecial addresses:Osaka Gas EngineeringGinanjar SofyanPresident Director & CEO Pertamina Power Indonesia
•Gas in the energy mix, in relation to coal, renewables and oil
•New LNG import projects in the region: Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Bangladesh
•Market liberalisation and policy updates
•Potential for FSRUs and small-scale LNG projectsPanellists:M. Adnan GilaniManaging Director & CEO Pakistan LNGChristophe MaletSenior Vice President Upstream and Midstream LNG HanasMuhammed Aziz KhanChairman Summit Group
Leadership Plenary Programme
India: Shaping the Global Demand Dynamics
• Investment opportunities to unlock India’s oil and gas resources
• The energy mix evolution and the role of gas
• Demand growth in the short to medium term and break-down of sectors
• The role of environmental agenda, energy access and the impact on gas demand
• Gas import projects and new demands driven by new applications in mobility, marine and industry usage
• LNG trucking: infrastructure developments and demand creationSpeakers:Ashok BalyanImmediate Past CEO – Oil & Gas RelianceRajeev MathurExecutive Director GAIL (India) Ltd. (in principle)Jagdip Narayan SinghManaging Director Gujarat State Petroleum CorpPrabhat SinghManaging Director & CEO Petronet LNGSarthak BehuriaExecutive Director, LNG and LPG Division Adani GroupSpecial addresses:Dr. V. P. JoyDirector General Directorate General of Hydrocarbons, IndiaDr. R. K. MalhotraDirector General Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry
• Which LNG export projects have been sanctioned in 2019, and expected FIDs for 2020?
• How will the competition play out, and challenges for project financing?
• Manage the short term wave of new supply coming into market, how will it be absorbed, and US LNG’s impact on Asia?
• How LNG marketing will evolve to align with customers’ strategies?
• Examples of business model evolution by: Asian utilities, long-term suppliers, portfolio players, traders, FRSU providers, and regas owners and operatorsPanellists:Daein ChaManaging Director Transborders Energy Mexico Pacific Limited Sempra Venture Global LNGModerator :Nicholas BrowneDirector, Asia Gas & LNG Wood Mackenzie
• Gas as a major component of energy mix that impacts energy security
• Liberalisation of LNG imports
• Investment in upstream projects in Thailand and globally, and LNG infrastructure
• Updates on Power Development Plan
• Evolving business model – introduction of LNG tradingSpeakers:Senior Management Representative, EGATPascal LarocheChairman Total E&P Thailand
This presentation will highlight a case study on gas & LNG infrastructure development, from project definition, approach, to implementation. Challenges, project outcomes and learning lessons will be presented.Speakers:Aker SolutionsKBRBechtelSaipem
• Recent interests in Philippines LNG import terminal projects: players, proposed business models and status
• Vision for an LNG hub
• The role of gas in meeting the power demand of growing economy and energy security via diversification• Challenges in next phase of Philippines' gas & LNG infrastructure developments
Department of EnergySpeakers:Jonathan RusselEVP and Chief Commercial Officer First GenJohn QuirkeChief Technology Officer Meralco PowerGen Corporation (in principle)Henry Albert Fadullon PNOCChief Operating Officer Phoenix PetroleumStewart ElliottManaging Director and CEO Energy World CorporationLaurence GouetVP, LNG Business Development Total
• A globally competitive LNG cluster: Singapore’s 3 pillars – capability, connections & capital
• Can Singapore be a physical hub to deliver LNG for Southeast Asia?
• Updates on pipeline gas and LNG import, future plans for the second LNG terminal
• Singapore’s stocktake on LNG bunkering: policy updates, financial incentives, and industry adoption
• Is LNG bunker a sustainable new demand growth stream? Projections to 2025
• Small-scale LNG applications and truckingSpeakers:Sandeep MahawarSVP, Commercial and Business Development Singapore LNG Corporation (SLNG)Saunak RaiGeneral Manager FueLNGZee LohGeneral Manager Shell Energy Singapore
• IMO 2020 updates
• How will Asia move towards LNG bunkering and establishing LNG bunkering standards?
• Shipping: how LNG adoption will evolve in line with IMO 2020?
• Gas as a feedstock: gas to liquids and other applications
• Use of natural gas for transportation and city gas sectorsSpeakers:Captain Walter P. PurioFounding Director and Global Advocate LNG Marine Fuel InstituteStephane MaillardGeneral Manager - South East Asia GTTSenior RepresenttiveCMA CGM
LNG Traders Forum
The Dedicated Platform for LNG Traders to Meet, Network and Debate on Future Directions
LNG’s increasing commoditisation has been mirrored by increasingly transparent market-based pricing, soaring derivatives trade and new Asian hubs emerging. Innovations such as new trading platforms have emerged to facilitate transactions, offering transparency and price discovery for suppliers and buyers. Spot volumes had sky-rocketed in 2018, strengthening the market’s confidence in sustainable growth.
The LNG Traders Forum, part of the 7th annual Gas Asia Summit, is specially dedicated for traders to meet, network and debate the outlook and new developments in LNG trading.
• How is oversupply being absorbed and rising short-mid term transactions impact new suppliers?
• Portfolio players’ role and its impact on Asian markets
• Is LNG spot trading taking off and sustainable in Asia?
• Are European and Asian markets converging on price in term and spot contracts?
• Beyond short-term transactions, how are players like Gunvor, Trafigura and Vitol redefining their roles in the LNG market?Panellists:Delphi SunVP and Head of LNG Trading UNIPEC Singapore Vitol/Trafigura/GunvorJavier MoretHead of LNG Origination RWE Supply & TradingDan ButlerHead of Trading, Asia LNG BPMitch NakamuraHead of LNG Trading Osaka Gas SingaporeTobias DavisHead of LNG Brokering Tullett PrebonModerator :Rukes AhmedGlobal Head of Power, Gas and Carbon Refinitiv
• The role of fast-growing derivatives trading alongside growing spot trading
• What more can be done to improve LNG spot trading liquidity and transparency?
• How can LNG exchanges and brokers facilitate LNG’s increasing commoditization?
• Pricing indexes: the front-runners, and development outlook towards 2020
• Technology: what role will AI or blockchain play with regards to trading platforms? Will Vakt-like post trade management platform evolve for LNG?Panellists:Roger ChenVP, Glabal Sales and Marketing JLC International Ptd LtdDamien CriddleCEO and Founder GLXJ.C.KnealeVice President, Natural Gas, Power & NGLs ICE Refintiv LNG Analyst RepresentativeModerator :Abache AbreuLNG Content Lead, S&P Global Platts