2019 Strategic Conference Programme
Global Gas Outlook and Future Scenarios – Asia in Focus
This panel will discuss the global gas dynamics, demand supply outlook, and explore the unique context of Asia, including developing assets in Asia, leading innovations like FLNG, and demand creation.Speakers:Mazin Al LamkiChief Operating Officer Mubadala PetroleumEzhar Yazid JaaferCEO PETRONAS LNG
Leadership Plenary Programme
Strategy Towards 2040 by Asian Major Buyers
Big buyers (mainly traditional buyers) in Asia are challenged by new dynamics in international markets and domestic markets. Panellists will discuss their strategies and tactics towards 2040 as LNG buyers.Panellists:Hiroki SatoSenior Operating Officer, Business Development JERASarah BehbenhaniSenior Vice President JERA Global Markets Pte. LtdDr Zheng HongtaoPresident, Energy Trading & Marketing, ENN GroupLee Chang KeunVice President LNG Procurement, Korea Gas CorporationJane LiaoCEO, Natural Gas Business Division CPCModerator :Yasuo RyokiChairman Osaka Gas Australia
LNG Strategy in a Global Context– reserved
This session will present a case study of an LNG export project, and showcase its commercial advantages, technical innovations and LNG strategies.Speakers:Greg VeseyCEO & Managing Director LNG Limited
Suppliers Perspective: Delivering Value for Customers and Meeting New Demand Growth in Asia
• How are the mature markets developing and what are most important for the buyers?
• Examine new demand growth centres: Pakistan, Thailand, India
• Strategies for suppliers to unlock new markets while managing risks
• New LNG export projects: how will they evolve? More long-term contracts expected?
• Global geopolitics, trade tensions and impact on energy securitySpecial addresses:Joseph UddoDeputy Assistant Secretary Office of Market Development and Energy Innovation, Office of International Affairs, U.S. Department of EnergyPanellists:Greg VeseyCEO & Managing Director LNG LimitedMatt SchatzmanPresident & CEO NextDecade CorporationMaciej WoźniakVice President of the Management Board PGNiGIrtiza H. SayyedPresident ExxonMobil LNG Market Development Inc.Moderator :Jessica JaganathanSenior Oil and Gas Correspondent, Thomson Reuters
India: Shaping the Global Demand Dynamics
Special addresses:Dr. R. K. MalhotraDirector General Federation of Indian Petroleum IndustrySpeakers:Sarthak BehuriaExecutive Director, LNG and LPG Division Adani GroupAshok BalyanImmediate Past CEO – Oil & Gas RelianceRajeev MathurExecutive Director GAIL (India) Ltd. (in principle)Manish TiwariChief Commercial Officer H-EnergyModerator :Martin HoustonVice Chairman Tellurian
- Investment opportunities to unlock India’s oil and gas resources
- The energy mix evolution and the role of gas
- Demand growth in the short to medium term and break-down of sectors
- The role of environmental agenda, energy access and the impact on gas demand
- Gas import projects and new demands driven by new applications in mobility, marine and industry usage
- LNG trucking: infrastructure developments and demand creation
•Gas in the energy mix, in relation to coal, renewables and oil
•New LNG import projects in the region: Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Bangladesh
•Market liberalisation and policy updates
•Potential for FSRUs and small-scale LNG projectsPanellists:Christophe MaletSenior Vice President Upstream and Midstream LNG HanasSiddhartha ShrivastavaHead of Energy & Natural Resources, Global Structured Finance, Investment Banking Dept., Asia Sumitomo Mitsui Banking CorporationArun SenChief Operating Officer Summit Power International LimitedModerator :Fauziah MarzukiLead Analyst, Global LNG Supply & Short-term Dynamics BloombergNEF
Leadership Plenary Programme
Indonesia: Investing in Gas and Energy Transformation
Special addresses:Mitsuhiro KoharaGeneral Manager, Engineering Department, Osaka Gas Co. LtdGinanjar SofyanPresident Director & CEO Pertamina Power IndonesiaPanellists:Imam Mul AkhyarDivision Head of LNG Global Venture PT PGNModerator :Daniel ReinbottPartner Ashurst
- Java 1: Asia’s first integrated project and applications for Southeast Asia
- The role of gas in enhancing energy security, affordability and accessibility
- Natural gas infrastructure integration developments
- Regulatory framework and Pertamina-PGN merger updates
- Gas/LNG demand growth outlook
- FSRUs and small-scale LNGs
Panellists:Daein ChaManaging Director Transborders Energy Mexico Pacific Limited Sempra Venture Global LNGAlistair SmithHead of LNG Origination, Asia & Middle East, BPLian Yok TanPartner K & L Gates Straits LawRajnish GoswaniGM LNG Marketing Anadarko Petroleum CorporationSenior Management Representative, EGATModerator :Nicholas BrowneDirector, Asia Gas & LNG Wood Mackenzie
- Which LNG export projects have been sanctioned in 2019, and expected FIDs for 2020?
- How will the competition play out, and challenges for project financing?
- Manage the short term wave of new supply coming into market, how will it be absorbed, and US LNG’s impact on Asia?
- How LNG marketing will evolve to align with customers’ strategies?
- Examples of business model evolution by: Asian utilities, long-term suppliers, portfolio players, traders, FRSU providers, and regas owners and operators
Vietnam and Philippines: Big Ambitions on Gas to Power Green Growth
Special addresses:Maarten SpilkerGeneral Manager, Product Technology Centre, Wison Offshore and MarinePanellists:Brett AckerHead of Oil, Gas & Chemicals Development BechtelJohn QuirkeChief Technology Officer Meralco PowerGen Corporation (in principle)Doanh ChauPresident Vietnam LNG GroupIan NguyenManaging Director Delta Offshore EnergyModerator :Henry TeyTechnical Sales Director Baker Hughes A GE Company, Malaysia
- Gas as a major component of energy mix
- Liberalisation of LNG imports
- Vision for an LNG hub
- Recent developments in infrastructure developments in Vietnam and Philippines: players, proposed business models and status
- LNG-to-power projects
- Updates on Power Development Plan and role of gas/LNG
Developing gas & LNG infrastructure – the role of Digitalisation & Innovation
This presentation will highlight a case study on gas & LNG infrastructure development, from project definition, approach, to implementation. Challenges, project outcomes and learning lessons will be presented.
Canada’s LNG industry is at a time of opportunity and ingenuity. The market dynamics have changed, progress continues on both the West and East coast projects and industry insiders believe a flurry of final investment decisions is imminent.Speakers:Ratnesh BediPresident Pacific Oil & GasAdam CrutchfieldPartner and National Energy Leader PwC CanadaModerator :Krishnan NarayananStrategy & Leader PwC South East Asia Consulting
Singapore: Innovation Hub, Pioneer for the Region
Speakers:Sandeep MahawarSVP, Commercial and Business Development Singapore LNG Corporation (SLNG)David WuChairman & CEO Saga LNG Shipping
- A globally competitive LNG cluster: Singapore’s 3 pillars – capability, connections & capital
- Beyond a physical hub – Singapore’s role in promoting LNG trading and derivatives market
- An ecosystem for the LNG sector: an integrated hub covering infrastructure/ vessel building, trading, legal, power sector, EPCs etc.
- Updates on pipeline gas and LNG import, future plans for the second LNG terminal
- Innovations: from small-scale LNG applications, trucking, to LNG-fuelled data centres
• IMO 2020 updates
• How will Asia move towards LNG bunkering and establishing LNG bunkering standards?
• Shipping: how LNG adoption will evolve in line with IMO 2020?
• Gas as a feedstock: gas to liquids and other applications
• Use of natural gas for transportation and city gas sectorsSpeakers:Captain Walter P. PurioFounding Director and Global Advocate LNG Marine Fuel InstituteStephane MaillardGeneral Manager - South East Asia GTTSaunak RaiGeneral Manager FueLNGRick LaiGeneral Manager Wartsila
LNG Traders Forum
LNG’s increasing commoditisation has been mirrored by increasingly transparent market-based pricing, soaring derivatives trade and new Asian hubs emerging. Innovations such as new trading platforms have emerged to facilitate transactions, offering transparency and price discovery for suppliers and buyers. Spot volumes had sky-rocketed in 2018, strengthening the market’s confidence in sustainable growth.
The LNG Traders Forum, part of the 7th annual Gas Asia Summit, is specially dedicated for traders to meet, network and debate the outlook and new developments in LNG trading.
Moderator :Anne Kat BrevikDirector LNG Research, Refinitiv
- How is oversupply being absorbed and rising short-mid term transactions impact new suppliers?
- Portfolio players’ role and its impact on Asian markets
- Is LNG spot trading taking off and sustainable in Asia?
- Are European and Asian markets converging on price in term and spot contracts?
- Beyond short-term transactions, how are players like Gunvor, Trafigura and Vitol redefining their roles in the LNG market?
Panellists:Roger ChenVP, Glabal Sales and Marketing JLC International Ptd LtdMarc HowsonManaging Director LNG Market Development, GLX Poten & PartnersRefintiv LNG Analyst (representative TBC)Moderator :Abache AbreuLNG Content Lead, S&P Global Platts
- The role of fast-growing derivatives trading alongside growing spot trading
- What more can be done to improve LNG spot trading liquidity and transparency?
- How can LNG exchanges and brokers facilitate LNG’s increasing commoditization?
- Pricing indexes: the front-runners, and development outlook towards 2020
- Technology: what role will AI or blockchain play with regards to trading platforms? Will Vakt-like post trade management platform evolve for LNG?
- New trends in integrating trading & shipping: standardisation, simplification of trading and optimisation
- Baltic Exchange