Arrival of Guest of Honour
09.40 – 09.45
Welcome and Opening by Organiser
Speakers:Gerard LeeuwenburghVice President – Asia
09.45 – 09.55
Official Opening Address
Speakers:Ng How YuePermanent Secretary, Ministry of Law Second Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health, Singapore
09.55 – 10.05
Opening Keynote Address
Speakers:H.E. Dr Arcandra TaharVice Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources
10.05 – 10.20
Speakers:Lynn McDonaldHigh Commissioner
High Commission of Canada in Singapore
10.20 – 10.35
Speakers:Martin HoustonVice Chairman
10.35 – 10.50
Speakers:Philip OlivierHead of Global LNG
10.50 – 11.20
Group Photo, Morning Networking & Coffee Break
11.10 – 11.30
Speakers:Neil McGregorGroup President & CEO
11.30 – 12.20
Forging towards an LNG Trading Hub in Asia
Moderators:Amreeta EngDirector, Trade and Business Services
- What are the key strengths of Singapore in terms of policy framework, skilled manpower, infrastructure and incentives?
- How will Asia trading hub evolve and the implications on price discovery and transparency of trades for Asia markets?
- What are the challenges facing Singapore’s development towards LNG trading hub, and how Singapore can navigate the evolving market?
Enterprise SingaporeSpeakers:Yasuo RyokiAdvisor, Osaka Gas Co., and Chairman
Osaka Gas AustraliaSandeep MahawarHead of Commercial
Singapore LNG CorporationCheong Jin YuVice President
Singapore Exchange (SGX)
12.20 – 13.20
Lunch & Networking
13.20 – 14.10
Cementing Singapore’s Position as a Leading LNG Bunkering Hub
Moderators:Prof. Jasmine LamCentre Director
- How will IMO regulations on sulphur cap be implemented and how does it translate to the shipping industry? What is the next phase of development?
- What is the implication of LNG bunkering on LNG demand and pricing? How is the take-up of LNG as marine fuel thus far?
- As Singapore gets ready to be LNG-bunker ready, what are the programmes and initiatives in place to support it? How does Singapore compare with other Asian countries?
Maritime Energy & Sustainable Development Centre of Excellence, NTUSpeakers:Alan LimDeputy Director of Port Services
Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)Andreas SalimOperations Manager
FueLNGMay ChenGeneral Manager
14.10 – 15.00
ASEAN - Opportunities for Natural Gas to Enable the Region’s Energy Transformation Goals
Moderators:Alok SinhaGlobal Head of Oil & Gas and Chemicals
- Natural gas in the energy mix – how can it contribute to ASEAN’s goals of securing affordable, reliable and sustainable energy? What opportunities does current oversupply present for ASEAN markets?
- How can policy makers, financiers and industry work together to develop natural gas and LNG projects in Southeast Asia?
- How to overcome barriers when developing markets in ASEAN, such as Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand?
Standard CharteredSpeakers:Datuk Ir. Ahmad Fauzi Bin HasanChairman
Energy Commission, MalaysiaBeni SuryadiManager of Policy Research and Analytics Programme
ASEAN Centre for EnergyNori KawaiChief Representative and General Manager, Singapore Representative Office
LNG Japan CorporationSriram NarayananHead, Gas & Power Business
15.00 – 15.30
Afternoon Coffee & Networking
15.30 – 16.10
Other Asian Markets - Strategies for Successful Development of Natural Gas & LNG Infrastructure
Moderators:Rahul GuptaSolution Leader & Associate Partner
- How are Asian countries responding to the dynamic natural gas and LNG sector developments? Will we see continuing push towards adoption of gas as fuel for power, and accelerated regulatory reforms?
- What are the exciting development in developing markets like Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka?
- What are the roles of capital markets, policies and NOCs/IOCs in developing natural gas and LNG infrastructure?
McKinsey Energy InsightsSpeakers:Sheharyar ChughtaiVice President – Asia Pacific Project Finance
Korea Development BankDaniel MalloHead of Energy, Infrastructure, Mining & Metals - Asia
Societe GeneraleYuichiro YamaguchiHead of Renewable Energy and Trade Finance Teams
Development Bank of JapanNobuyuki HigashiCorporate Officer, Vice President, Global Energy Marketing Division
16.10 – 16.50
Innovations in Transactions, Digital and Disruptive Technologies
Moderators:Brian MurphyHead of Energy, Oil & Gas Practice Asia Pacific
- In an increasingly diverse market, how are players reshaping strategies to capture opportunities in the gas sector?
- What are the opportunities digitalisation brings for operational excellence and process optimisation? What are the emerging disruptive technologies, such as AI, block chain, and their potential impact?
- How companies are adapting to these changes through organisational changes to truly realise the benefits?
Bain & CompanySpeakers:Felicity UnderhillGeneral Manager, Strategy Execution
Origin EnergyJohn MathaiCorporate & Strategy Oil and Energy, New Markets
Thomson ReutersDevender SinghRegional Industrial Segment Lead (Asia Pacific)
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions, Baker Hughes – a GE Company
16.50 – 17.00
Chairman’s Wrap-up and Closing Remarks
17.30 – 20.00
SIEW Networking Reception & Drinks
09.00 – 09.05
09.05 – 09.10
Chairman’s Opening Remarks
09.10 – 09.30
Keynote Address – Commoditisation of Gas and the Enablers (reserved)
09.30 – 10. 20
NOC/IOC Perspectives – LNG Outlook, Emerging Markets, Global Trade Relations and New Opportunities
Moderators:Henning GloysteinHead of Asia Energy News
- What are the changes we have seen globally this year, and the impact on Asia?
- How will global trade relations, between EU, US and China, affect the flow/price and business environment of gas?
- What are the updates on demand growth, such as China’s switching to gas? What strategies NOCs/IOCs are taking to generate sustained demand growth? What is the impact of US LNG on the global supply-demand balance?
Thomson ReutersSpeakers:Alistair SmithHead of LNG Origination, Asia & Middle East
BPMostafa SharifGeneral Manager of Marketing, Gas Export Division
National Iranian Oil Co. (NIOC)Rajnish GoswamiGeneral Manager, LNG Marketing
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
10.20 – 10.50
Morning Coffee & Networking
10.50 – 11.30
Buyers’ Perspective – Contract Flexibilities, New Projects, Strategies to Secure Reliable and Competitive Supplies
Moderators:Fauziah MarzukiSenior Associate, Global LNG
- How buyers are leveraging on the current LNG market to negotiate more flexibilities in their contracts?
- What strategies buyers are taking to secure reliable and competitive supplies?
- How are Asian buyers balancing the short and long term contracts for optimisation?
Bloomberg NEFSpeakers:Li YaoCEO
SIA EnergyRenatas PociusCommissioner
National Commission for Energy Control and Prices of the Republic of LithuaniaProf Gu AnzhongSecretary General
China LNG AssociationSushil KumarGeneral Manager
11.30 – 12.20
New Supplies, Infrastructure Development and Impact on Global Demand/Supply Balance
- Update on key projects/facilities
- Canadian LNG supplies will have a significant impact on the global demand/supply balance – what opportunities will these projects bring for Asia?
- What lessons can Asia’s emerging and developing countries learn from Canada LNG project and infrastructure development experience?
Criterium GroupSpeakers:Ron HoffmannAlberta Senior Representative for the Asia Pacific Basin
The Government of AlbertaMary HemmingsenExecutive Vice President and CFO
North West Innovation WorksRatnesh BediPresident
Pacific Oil & GasNigel KuzemkoCEO
Steelhead LNGRandall QuinnExecutive Director, Head of Diversified Industries and Infrastructure
Investment Banking, CIBCAzam MohammadPartner
McKinsey & Company
12.20 – 13.10
Suppliers/Traders Perspectives: Short-Mid Term Transactions and Impact on Asia
- What role are the portfolio players adopting and how is it impacting the Asian market?
- What developments can we expect in terms of price discovery and standardisation in the short-term?
- How is the current oversupply being absorbed? Would we see a consistent supply from North America to Asia?
AshurstSpeakers:Sarah BairstowHead of LNG Commercial
SantosRukes AhmedGlobal Head of Power, Gas and Carbon
Thomson ReutersMangesh PatankarDirector – Gas and LNG Consulting
13.10 – 14.15
Networking & Lunch
14.15 – 14.30
Special Address – The Role of Gas in the Energy Transition
14.30 – 15.10
The Gas-Renewables Nexus: delivering a cleaner future
Moderators:Leow Foon-LeeAdjunct Principal Research Fellow
- What is the relationship between gas and renewables in the power sector?
- How will gas’ and renewables’ role in the energy mix evolve in the coming decades? Will gas be a “destination fuel”?
- How can gas and renewables contribute to the low-carbon future?
Energy Studies Institute - NUSSpeakers:Didier HolleauxEVP
EngieJames LaybournHead of Offshore and Marine Services
DNV GL - Oil & GasMohamad Ishan IsninHead Sustainable Development,
Petronas CarigaliNur Hafizah BeserdinProcess Engineer
PETRONAS CarigaliTan Kok LiangReservoir Engineer
15.10 – 15.50
Reality Check: FSRUs and Small-scale LNG Solutions for Asian Markets
Moderators:Peter GodfreyManaging Director – Asia Pacific
- What are the development hotspots for FSRUs and small-scale LNG projects in Asia? Can FSRUs be integrated to fast-track power plant projects?
- What are the key drivers in cost reduction and technical advancements? Small-scale LNG solutions have been touted for years, but what is the adoption like?
- What are the barriers that need to be overcome? Hear case studies and lessons from FSRUs and small-scale LNG projects from the region.
The Energy InstituteSpeakers:Minoru NegishiProject Manager
JGC CorporationFrank HarteveldDirector Sales & Marketing
Wartsila Gas SolutionsYales VivadinarManaging Director
PetroRayaAntonio Della PelleDirector of Client Management
McKinsey Energy Insights
15.50 – 16.20
Afternoon Coffee & Networking
16.20 – 17.00
LNG for Power, Maritime & Trucking – Creating New Demand for LNG
Moderators:Peter StewartChief Energy Analyst
- How LNG virtual pipelines and floating gas power plants are bringing power to off-grid locations?
- How Asia will move towards LNG bunkering and establishing LNG bunkering standard?
- What new ancillary services around gas/LNG can be developed – trucking, break bulk and more?
Interfax Global EnergySpeakers:Kjartan OvsthusArea Sales Manager - Engines
RollsRoyce Commercial MarineAngus CampbellCorporate Director Energy Projects
Bernhard Schulte ShipmanagementJinsok SungResearcher
Gubkin University of Oil and Gas
17.00 – 17.05
GAS Chairman’s Wrap-up and Closing Remarks
17.30 – 20.00
SIEW Networking Reception & Drinks